Thursday, March 6, 2014

Unable to open the image file 0x800700B



Unable to open the image file 0x800700B
Or
An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Error: 8007000B; Source: Windows)
Or
Installation of image 1 in package LAB00012 failed to complete..
An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Error: 8007000B; Source: Windows)
Or
Failed to run the action: Apply Operating System from: _SMSTSLAB00012
An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Error: 8007000B; Source: Windows)

I have created an offline build media ISO image to build machines offline.
Extracted the image to a USB drive then started building the machine. The machine failed with Task sequence failed error 0x8007000B.
Initially I have used the same ISO image file to build a test VM and it has worked without any issues.
When I try to delete all the content from the bootable USB drive, the image.wim file gave me access denied error. Probably the permissions may have corrupted when I extracted the image.

So I have formatted whole USB drive then re-extracted the ISO file.
This has fixed the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment