It is certainly possible. This can be achieved by simply running commands.
However, before you change the local administrator password using SCCM, we should consider few important things;
- Security – It is not secure and the password is not encrypted
- Do not use download the program and run locally in deployment. Always choose to run from DP so nothing will be stored in ccmcache folder
- Do not use command line commands in a program – as the commands can be traced in logs
- Use a simple batch file or vbscript to run the commands
In simplistic way,
- Create a batch file with following net user command
net user Administrator newpassword
- Create a package using the batch file – I prefer using the package for this task instead of application because;
- As we don’t have anything to add detection rule for application
- We don’t want to run this deployment over and over
- Distribute to the distribution points
- Create a deployment and deploy to a collection
- Add resource then test it
That’s it! If everything is configured then the deployment will run and password will be changed.