Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Verifies that the user account running Configuration manager Setup has been granted sysadmin SQL server role permissions

I have received below error while running Current Branch upgrade 1702 to 1710.
Verifies that the user account running Configuration manager Setup has been granted sysadmin SQL server role permissions on the SQL Server instance selected for site database installation. SQL Server sysadmin role permissions are required in order to create the site database and configure necessary database role and login permissions for Configuration Manager sites.

I am using SQL Always on in my lab and while preparing the Current Branch upgrade SQL node 2 is a active node.
When I checked assigned roles to my user account on the database on node 2 (Open Database properties then server role), I have only public access. After granting sysadmin to my login the error went away.

1 comment: