Thursday, June 27, 2013

Your PC needs to restart. Please hold down the power button. Error Code: 0x0000005D


When you start booting up a VM using WinePE4 boot image on a physical box where “No-Execute Memory Protection”  is enabled in BIOS then you will receive:
“Your PC needs to restart. Please hold down the power button. Error Code: 0x0000005D”
 

I have installed VMWare Workstation on HP Proliant server and PxE booted the Vmware workstation using WinPE4. As soon the machine powered up I have received “Your PC needs to restart. Please hold down the power button. Error Code: 0x0000005D”

I have another HP Proliant server and I can boot the VM’s without any issues.

After checking in the BIOS and quick Google lead my way to the solution.
The culprit was “No-Execute Memory Protection” setting in the BIOS has enabled.
Once I disable this option, everything started working.

1 comment:

  1. Error Code 0x0000005d: Your PC needs to restart. Please hold down the power button. So let's fix error 0x0000005d in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.

    Solved: Error Code 0x0000005d In Windows 8/8.1

    ReplyDelete