Read release announcement and list of new features on Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + security blog
The much anticipated primary site HA is not included in this release.
Before proceeding with SCCM branch upgrade, it is very important to review SCCM Current Branch servicing (upgrade) checklist
This step by step sccm 1802 upgrade guide will guide you through from any supported previous version to SCCM Configuration Manager 1802
Downloading the SCCM CB 1802 update:
If SCCM CB 1802 update is not available (if you are not in first wave of customers) in SCCM console and you want to install without waiting until the global release then you need to download FastRingScript_1802.exe then run on the site server.
1. Click on "Check for Updates" from \Administration\Overview\Updates and
2. If update is not available, then get FastRingScript_1802.exe from TechNet gallery
3. Extract the downloaded FastRingScript_1802.exe
4. Launch PowerShell as Administrator
5. Change the current directory to the FastRingScript_1802 script path
6. Run the script from elevated PowerShell window (ex: EnableFastUpdateRing1802.ps1 SCCB )
Note: Just use server name without FQDN.
7. You will get the command(s) completed successfully
8. Go to \Administration\Overview\Updates and Servicing node in SCCM console then click Check for updates on the ribbon;
9. Review the dmpdownloader.log file
The log should have - Found a new available update
Then downloading large file with bits;
10. Refresh the Updates and servicing node in SCCM console, you can see the 1802 update in
11. Wait until the 1802 update status changes from Downloading to Ready to Install.
Installing SCCM CB 1802 update:
1. Like any other previous updates, first run the Run Prerequisite check or run the Install update Pack directly;
4. Select required client update options then click Next;
5. Accept the license terms then click Next;
6. Review and confirm the selected options then click Next;
7. Close the completion window.
8. Now the 1802 update state will change from Available to Installing;
9. We can view the detailed progress of the update installation from \Monitoring\Overview\Updates
and Servicing Status\Configuration Manager 1802 node From the ribbon click on Show status.
The update status also can be checked by reviewing hman.log
10. It will take 20-30 min (based on the server performance) to complete the upgrade.
Once the update is installed, Configuration Manager 1702 update status will be changed from Available to Installed.
After upgrading the site server to SCCM Current Branch 1802, If we re-launch or check the console version, we will get a popup message saying A new version of the console is available (5.1802.1802.1700).
When prompted, Click OK to upgrade the console and follow the-on screen prompts to complete the upgrade process.
System Center Configuration Manager Version: 1802
Console Version: 5.1802.1802.1700
Site Version: 5.0.8634.1000
Click here for complete SCCM Current Branch step by step guides, step by step migration guide, step by step monitoring and health check guide and step by step SCCM Current Branch servicing guide.