Saturday, March 30, 2013

Failed to receive response with winhttp 80072f78

Recently my lab PXE stopped working and started throwing error 80072F78.

I looked into the SMSTSLog for detailed error msg. The complete error is "Failed to receive response with winhttp 80072f78".

A day before the PXE stopped working, I have installed SCCM 2007 R2 SP2 related patch. I initially thought that may have caused the issue. But nowhere mentioned that that patch will cause this issue.

So I have started basic trouble shooting and noticed SMS Agent host service was stopped.

I have restarted the service then tested the PXE. All started working fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment