The first task in setting up Intune is to subscribe. Once we have Microsoft Intune subscription, then we need to configure Intune for mobile device management
1. Signup for Intune account for a free subscription at
2. Login to Intune account portal. This will log you on to your Intune account portal dashboard
3.1 Select Domains on the left panel under Management and click on Add a domain on the
Enter your public domain name then click next on specify domain name window
domain to access Microsoft Online Services for that domain. I have used the TXT records, as
this won’t impact any other services on my domain
3.4 Logon to your domain register, create a TXT record as advised in Intune Verify Domain name
screen then wait for an hour or so. (Typically 5 min. will be sufficient)
3.7 If you have already activated your domain for any other Microsoft online services, you won’t be
able to re-activate your domain before removing from other service and you will get
yourdomain.com.au has already been verified for your account or for another Microsoft Online
4. At this stage, if you check Mobile Device Management Authority it will be set to No authority set.
will set to Configuration manager automatically.
If you set Mobile Device Management authority, it cannot be changed. To change Mobile Device
Authority, you need to sign up for new Microsoft Intune subscription or call Microsoft support
5. Now go to Users under the Management on the account portal
(https://account.manage.microsoft.com), then click on Set up on the workspace
5.5 Download the Directory Synchronization tool for x64 and/or x86 package from the portal and
save on the server where you will be running this tool later.
6. Now we can logout from the Microsoft Intune portal.
Remaining other parts of this article is here